DIY Raised Garden Beds via raisedgardenbedshowto.com
7 Key Benefits to Raised Garden Beds / Garden Boxes
As easy as they are to position and use, raised garden beds can do a great deal for the user. The following are 7 reasons why you should consider a raised garden bed…
- They provide good drainage to your plants. This keeps plants healthy.
- They prevent the soil from compacting too much, therefore encouraging the growth of roots.
- Raised garden beds also keep pathway weeds from entering into the soil, therefore reducing the amount of work you need to do to keep weeds out of your garden.
- They allow you to add the type of soil you want, including organic soil and compost soil, without having roots enter into deeper, less healthy soil.
- It is easier for many people to tend to plants in a raised garden bed than on a flat surface. You can sit on the edge and weed the garden bed.
- The garden’s bedsides create a barrier from many pests. With added fencing along the top, you can even keep out the deer and larger animals.
- They are incredibly versatile. When you build raised garden beds, you do so in the size, shape and overall structure right for your space.
Read more at: http://www.raisedgardenbedshowto.com/