It is not required to spend a ton of money to engage or entertain the kids at a party. When they are around other kids, they are already excited and having a good time.
Here are some options to add to the fun -
- The jumpy house is always a winner!
- Ask one of your artistic friends to paint their faces using non-toxic face paint which you can make at home. Instructions here.
- Kids can make arts and crafts appropriate for their age using sustainable materials.
- For an indoor house party, engage them in a bake your own pizza or cookie baking & decorating activities, or similar.
- Setup an indoor dance floor and play some fun upbeat kid friendly music.
- Outdoor games are always a ton of fun. Try these classic games -
Sack race (use old rice sacks or potato sacks),
Lemon or Lime and spoon race
Backyard scavenger hunt
Passing the parcel/Hot Potato
Find more ideas here
- Set aside some of your child’s toys for the kids to play, especially little ones.
- If having the party at a park, find a spot close to the play area.
- A pool party (with adult supervision) can be a lot of fun for older kids during summer.